Chocolate and Coconut (Nut or Nut-free) Energy Snack Attacks!
A rich chocolate bliss ball, full of good fats that will curb your hunger until dinner!
Write a review
- 2 Cups of Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Activated Almonds/Cashews or
- 1/2 Cup of Flaxseeds and/or Sesame Seeds for a nut free version.
- 2-3 tbsp of Unrefined Coconut Oil (see notes)
- 2 tbsp of Organic Cacoa Powder
- 2-3 tbsp of pure Organic Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp of Pollen (optional)
- 1/2 Cup of Desiccated Coconut (for rolling)
- In a Thermomix or high speed blender, pulse the nuts until chopped. Excluding the desiccated coconut, place all the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
- If you are making a nut-free version you can just place all the ingredients in together and pulse until combined.
- If using a Thermomix turn blade to reverse on the Thermomix and select speed 4 until the mixture comes together. If using a blender, pulse a few more times until mixture forms a large ball.
- Roll into small balls and roll in desiccated coconut until covered.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 mins before eating.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
- If I'm using these as nut-free lunch box snacks, then I only use 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. It makes them a little drier and so they don't melt on warm days when there is no fridge.