Paleonutter's Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
A super easy and quick rich and smooth, spreadable straight from the fridge hazelnut spread.
Write a review
- 200g Hazelnuts or Almonds
- 60g Macadamia Nuts
- 80g Coconut Cream
- 60g Macadamia Oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Of Pure Honey
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cacao Powder
- Pinch Of Sea Salt
- In a blender or Thermomix, blend the hazelnuts and macadamia nuts on a steady speed. (I used speed 4.5 - 6.5 on my Thermie) blend until you begin to get a nut butter. Roughly 6 - 10 mins. This is when the oils start to separate from the nut and the nuts begin to form a smooth paste. See picture.
- Next, simply add all of the other ingredients in and mix on high until smooth and creamy. Apron 1 min.
How To Store
- Pour into sterilised jars, pop the date on the jars and store in the fridge up to 8 days.
- This amount made two medium jars. If you know you won't use all of this within a week, freeze (remember to keep the lid off until it is frozen), or make half the amount.
- TIP: This spread is not grainy, it is smooth and delectable which is great for paleo pancakes, paleo breads, paleo toast or pop them on some paleo bagels. My favourite bagel recipe is from Grass Fed Girl and the link is below.
- TIP: For delicious chocolate sauce for paleo ice cream. Pop some Paleonutter hazelnut Spread into a small bowl and add some melted coconut oil. Mix and pour. For the best paleo, sugar free and dairy free ice-cream - See below.
- The smoother you get your nut butter, the smoother the final spread will be.