Best Ever Chocolate Cake Ever! Now AIP Adaptable!
A soft crumbly, rich chocolatey cake with smooth delicious chocolate frosting! refined sugar free, nut free, dairy free and so easy to throw together!
Write a review
- All ingredients should be organic, but do what you can.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (AIP - Carob powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs ( AIP - 2 small bananas) - ( you could use Chia eggs if you can digest Chia)
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil (or butter for LCHF)
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup. (AIP - I found coconut sugar to work best for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk or cream (AIP - I used 2/3)
- pinch of vanilla powder and or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder (AIP - carob powder & Vanilla Powder)
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- honey or maple syrup to taste (AIP sweeter of choice)
- Throw it all in a mixing bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- Pour into a silicone cake dish (I like to use a loaf tin shape)
- Pop in the oven at 150 degrees for 30-40 mins.
- for the icing - mix well until thick and creamy texture. Cover a thick layer over the cake and let it set in the fridge.
- ONCE COOKED - PLEASE LET THIS CAKE COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE DECORATING OR CUTTING AS IT WILL CRUMBLE. THANKS:O)
- Depending on your oven I like to get the cake to rise at a bit higher than 150 degrees and then turn it down after 10 mins to slowly cook through to make it light and fluffy.
- This recipe is great for cup cakes too. (The cooking time may vary or be if cooking cup cakes.)
- By placing this cake in the freezer you can take this on picnics or birthday parties as it will stay firm until thawed.
- All ovens are different and paleo cooking times can vary depending on which type of paleo flour you are using. Please keep a close eye on you cake! when it is firm to touch and when a knife is inserted comes out clean, it is normal ready!
- Best eaten at room temperature and decorated with banana, passion fruit or strawberries.